Looking out the window it’s easy to find a place to start. Spring is here! LOVE the spring. It’s a favourite time of the year for many of us. Whatever may be going on in our lives, you can’t escape the feeling of optimism and renewal that embraces us when you see the stunning beauty of cherry trees in full bloom and daffodils starting to burst. People can’t help but smile, the sun starts is starting to shine and life feels hopeful.
SPRING CLEANING CHECKLIST
- Spring cleaning can be pretty gross but it can be immensely satisfying. Make sure you are well stocked with cleaning stuff (cleaning cloths, spritzers and sprays and, of course, rubber gloves).
SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
- Empty your calendar, throw on your sweatpants and an old t-shirt, tie back your hair, send the kids outside for the day (or for the brave, get them to roll up their sleeves and help).
- Tackle one room at a time. Start to finish then move on.
- In each room, before you start, move anything that moves (chairs, rugs, plants etc) out the room. Give yourself a clean runway.
- Throw open the windows and crank up your favourite playlist.
- Put a large bin liner, recycle bin and food bin close by to throw things immediately away.
- Roll up your sleeves and start crossing off a few satisfying tasks from your tick list.