If you are thinking of selling your home, before you become overwhelmed at the task we need to discuss 10 steps that will help bring you the objective of making this process easier on you.
Think locally as they will know your area. Dont be afraid to ask questions, interview the candidates. A good Realtor will know the market well, supply you with information on past sales, current listings and his/her background form previous clients. They should also provide a solid marketing plan which should indicate how much your home should go for. If you feel comfortable with Sotheby’s International Realty Canada and that we have a genuine interest in helping you then you are on the right track.
Is your mortgage portable without any penalties? Can the buyer assume your mortgage? Can you discharge your mortgage without any penalties? Does capitol gains tax apply to you? Talk with your mortgage broker and perhaps your accountant to see what applies.
We will walk you through the process, you will see every offer. There may be some conditions you may want to change; we will discuss each and every detail. This is one of the most important tasks and reasons you have hired me, the negotiation skills. Dont be offended if your offer is well below the asking price. Instead, evaluate it for what its worth and counter back. Successful negotiation is an art and because its a highly emotional time and Im here to guide you through with success.
Excellent negotiations are successful and we have time for the most vital steps now.
- Contact your lawyer and let them know an Agreement has been signed.
- Immediately begin satisfying any conditions that require your actions to complete.
- Notify the lawyer and lending institution if the buyer is assuming your mortgage.
- Contact utilities, telephone and cable companies about transfer or removal of service.
- Call insurance agent and arrange cancellation or transfer of your homeowners insurance.
- Call a moving company.
- Send out change of address cards including Ministry of Transportation for your BCDL etc.
- Notify us immediately if there are any changes to your property or situation.